"I endeavor to make the best recovery possible in the shortest period of time, with expeditious and efficient handling that provides a cost effective strategy."
Jeffrey C. Sotland
1500 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Jeffrey C. Sotland joined Mintzer Sarowitz in 1995. Focusing on a team approach to file handling, Mr. Sotland’s primary goal in representing more than one constituency is to communicate often and clearly to both the carrier and the insured. He makes sure everyone is aware of the big picture and how it affects their respective positions while also helping them to understand each other’s position.
In nearly two decades of legal practice he has come to understand that putting a value on a case in the initial stages and working toward that value, while effectively protecting client interests, is the best way to work. Winning is by far the most gratifying aspect of his work, and he has found success in providing timely analysis, developing options toward resolution and maintaining constant and informative communication with clients.
Mr. Sotland focuses his practice on property damages losses and oversees the Firm’s national subrogation practice. In conjunction with George Bogris, he handles the defense of sprinkler contractors throughout the country. Whether it is a construction defect, water loss, fire loss, or other property claim, Mintzer Sarowitz has resources to respond and consult in a timely manner.
In addition to handling files nationwide, Mr. Sotland works with insurance carriers and self-insureds in setting up the most efficient file handling procedures to effectuate a successful outcome for the client. He has presented at various seminars for clients and their claims handlers. Mr. Sotland has received the highest honor of AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
A native of Newburgh, New York, Mr. Sotland currently resides in Philadelphia. He enjoys playing competitive softball, reading, cooking and charity work with local youth.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Professional Liability
- Construction Defect
- Fraud Investigation
- Blackburn University, B.A. Political Science
- Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University, J.D. (1993)
- New Jersey
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- National Association of Subrogation Professionals (NASP)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Professional Liability Defense Federation (PLDF)