Lawrence M. Kelly
Centre Square, West Tower
1500 Market Street, Suite 4100
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Larry Kelly has over 22 years of litigation experience in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. As lead trial counsel, he has received jury verdicts in over two dozen civil trials in both State and Federal Courts, involving a wide range of matters including fatalities, catastrophic injuries and multi-party litigation. His practice focuses primarily on the representation of corporate and individual defendants in personal injury and contractual matters at the trial and appellate levels.
An advocate of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), Mr. Kelly continues to serve as a State and Federal Court Arbitrator. He has also been selected to serve as Judge Pro Tempore at Settlement Conferences for cases in the Major Jury Trial program in Philadelphia’s Court of Common Pleas, a pro bono position. In addition, he has been retained by other litigants to serve as a private Mediator.
A native of Havertown, Pennsylvania, he received his undergraduate degree from The Catholic University of America, and his law degree from Widener University School of Law, where he was a member of the Moot Court Honor Society. Upon completion of law school, he joined Mintzer, Sarowitz, Zeris, Ledva & Meyers as an associate and, in 2000, was elected partner.
Married with two children, he enjoys golf, spending time with family and just about anything to do with Philly sports. He is also active in his church, coaches youth sports and recently became a Certified Barbeque Judge for the Kansas City Barbeque Society.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Civil Trial Practice
- Premises Liability
- Commercial Transportation
- Products Liability
- Dram Shop/Liquor Liability
- The Catholic University of America (B.A. 1987)
- Widener University School of Law (J.D.1990)
- New Jersey
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Delaware County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Compulsory Arbitration Committee
- Philadelphia Loss Conference
- East Coast Gaming Congress
- Pennsylvania Gaming Congress